Come discover the health benefits of chiropractic care here at Zapor Chiropractic. Our Brighton, MI, chiropractor, Bruce Zapor, has years of experience performing adjustments to help patients live a pain-free life.
What Is Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic is a non-medical approach to health and wellness. It is safe for adults, babies, growing children, and pregnant women. It consists of chiropractic adjustments and soft tissue therapies that work to relieve chronic pain caused by vertebral misalignment, degenerative disc disease, and nervous system dysfunction. These problems can also lead to reduced mobility. Holistic healing and strengthening methods that are used when providing chiropractic care include massage, ultrasound, trigger point therapies, corrective exercises, nutrition counseling, and lifestyle coaching.
Conditions Treated with Chiropractic Adjustments
An adjustment is performed by hand or with a special tool. Gentle, controlled force is applied to the area being treated in order to realign the spinal bones or other bones and joints in the body. This helps alleviate symptoms such as pain, inflammation, numbness, tingling, and limited mobility caused by the following injuries or underlying conditions:
- Neck, back, shoulder, hand, or leg injury
- Whiplash or neck strain
- Spinal cord injuries
- Dislocated shoulder, knee, or other joints
- Sciatica (sciatic nerve pain)
- Bulging or herniated discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Bone spurs or tumors
- Piriformis syndrome
- Lumbar radiculopathy (nerve root pain)
Adjusting the spine also helps relieve pregnancy pains, neck and lower back pain caused by poor posture, headaches, and migraines. Pediatric patients can get relief from colic, problems latching to breastfeed, and irritability linked to spinal trauma during birth.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care in Brighton, MI
Apart from pain relief, you or your family members can enjoy these broad benefits with treatment from our chiropractor:
- Drug-free solutions: All techniques and therapies are performed without using medications.
- Non-surgical: Spine and joint realignment can restore mobility and nerve function without the need for surgery.
- Reduce inflammation: Adjustments and soft tissue therapies reduce inflammation and pain, particularly in patients with arthritis of the spine, knee, or other joint.
- Enhanced immunity: People report feeling healthier with routine wellness care from a chiropractor.
- Improved performance: Corrective exercises help strengthen the joints and tissue and increase your ability to move and function at your best.
- Improved nervous system function: Spinal correction opens up blocked neural pathways so that the brain and spine can properly regulate pain signals.
Natural Health and Wellness Starts Here
Zapor Chiropractic currently serves patients in Brighton, MI, and the surrounding cities. Set up an appointment today by calling (810) 229-1944 or filling out our online appointment request form.