Back Pain Treatment
Back pain can interfere with your normal activities, work, and your quality of life. People with back pain often experience muscle aching, stabbing, and burning sensations. Back pains could worsen or spread to your leg if you lift something, bend, twist, stand, or perform an aggressive activity. It is important to know the common causes of back pain and the various forms of treatment available. At Zapor Chiropractic in Brighton, we offer treatment for back pain and more.
What Are the Causes of Back Pain?
Some common causes of back pain include:
- Spinal stenosis: Spinal stenosis is when the inside space of your spine narrows. The narrowing causes painful pressure on the spinal nerves, which results in back pain.
- Sciatica: Sciatica is back pain caused by an irritated or pinched sciatic nerve. Pain could spread to the legs because the nerve travels from your lower back and runs down each leg.
- Herniated discs: A herniated disc is when one of the vertebral discs is out of place. It presses on the nerve roots and causes pain, numbness, weakness, and tingling.
- Strains and sprains: You may experience back pain as a result of strain on your muscles or tendons.
- Degenerative disc disease: Degenerative disc disease arises when you have a damaged disc. Spinal discs can wear down and eventually become less able to cushion the vertebrae.
- Spondylolisthesis: It occurs when a vertebra moves forward out of position. It could also be the result of compressed nerve roots that disrupt your spinal alignment.
Other causes of back pain include improper spinal curvature, arthritis, osteoporosis, and more.
Treatment Options for Back Pain
There are various treatment options for back pain. You could use invasive options such as medications or surgery or non-invasive options such as chiropractic care. Some of the non-invasive treatment options for back pain include:
- Chiropractic adjustments: Chiropractors often treat back pain using spinal manipulations. We apply a controlled force on your back to adjust it and ease your back pain.
- Acupuncture: Involves the injection of sterile needles in specific parts of your body to release natural pain-relieving chemicals.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP): A doctor can inject concentrated amounts of platelets into the affected area. The platelets accelerate the healing of ligaments, muscles, tendons, and joints.
Get Quality Back Pain Treatment in Brighton, MI
If back pain has become a constant companion that prevents you from enjoying the activities that you once loved, Dr. Zapor at Zapor Chiropractic can help. We will create a personalized health and wellness treatment plan that is designed to provide pain relief and encourage the recovery process. Call us today at (810) 229-1944 to schedule an appointment.